Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall

i LOVE fall. i love cardigans. and pumpkin spice lattes. and fall festival. and halloween. and stepping on crunchy leaves. and my fuzzy blue slippers.

fall festival is this friday :) i cannot wait to eat all the yummy food, and watch the teachers get dunked, and the asl performance, and the teacher band, and just the entire atmosphere. if you don't go to maggie walker, it probably isn't very fun... its just a small school festival. but i look forward to it every year, which means a lot if I'M looking forward to a school function. last year, i bought a fish. i tried to win him but that didnt go so well so i bought him for like 50 cents or something instead. he died within like a week though.... sorry, freddie or eddie or whatever your name was haha. so i probably wont be buying any animals this year... but there is still lots of food and activities to spend my money on!!

i also can not wait for halloween! even though i never have a sweet halloween party or anything,caitie, my bff, and i have fun watching stupid scary movies and being awesome. im already thinking about the halloween cookies im going to make :) and i can't wait to see what all the little kids dress up as! i also love halloween because it kicks off holiday season. i love holiday season. it starts with halloween. then thanksgiving. then christmas. then new years. and then my birthday!  the weather gets cold enough to make fires at night, my family stays in and watches movies or plays board games (really its me trying to get them to do things, my mom reading a book and pretending to participate, my dad probably participating, and if my brother is over, hes just being obnoxious and adhd) but the idea is nice. my mom hates halloween. and she isnt american so she doesnt understand thanksgiving (not that it makes much sense). im not religious but i still love the commercialized christmas. and new years is pretty chill no matter who you are. but anna and i will probably do the halloween decorations, mom will still make the thanksgiving dinner-although ill be at the beach with caitie so i wont be here for that-dad and i always pick out the christmas tree, and my parents will most likely fall asleep before midnight on new years.  and this birthday is the best yet because 1) ill be eighteen!! and 2) i dont have school the next day so i can have a party with my friends :)
i am so happy the weather finally got cold and we can actually have fall this year. holiday season starts soon, and we are 1/8th of the way through senior year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment