Friday, October 1, 2010

Other People...

I think it is part of human nature to care too much about what other people think about you. No matter how hard you try, or think that you don't care, on some level you do. It's impossible not to. We are constantly subjected to society's ideal features, or this seasons styles, or the popular music. I could sit here and say that I don't care if you like the color of my hair, or that I wear converse with everyyythinggg, but I'd be lying. Even if I don't really like you, what you say will still effect me. I will second guess myself in the morning when I get dressed because I don't want people to talk about me behind my back. Even the most self confident and secure person will feel a sense of insecurity when criticized. There are, of course, ways to deal with the effect other people have on you, but you can't say that they don't effect you. This sounds so cheesy and cliche but I've been thinking a lot about it because for the last year especially, most of my emotions have been shaped by certain people and events. I don't want them to be. I wish that they weren't. But you can't tell yourself how to feel. Certain things I believe are mind over matter, but the brain is a hard thing to overcome with itself. The only way I have yet found to cope with this is to find role models that are great at being themselves, and try to follow their lead. It doesn't help in every situation, but it has helped me get a little bit closer to not being as effected. This is really wordy and rambly, and to anyone who read this I'm sorry but thank you. I just needed to vent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment